Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crescent Rolls (this is one of my mom's best recipes)


2 pkgs active dry yeast
2/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup sugar (I use half sugar, half splenda)
1 tsp salt
2 eggs (I use egg beaters)
1/2 cup shortening (I use I can't believe it's not butter -- applesauce just doesn't quite cut it in this one)
4 cups flour (2 white, 2 whole wheat)

Dissolve yeast in warm water, Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour. Cover, let rise until double (about 1 1/2 hours). Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 12 inch circle. Cut in to 16 wedges (with pizza cutter). Roll up wedges from large to small. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover let rise another hour.

Heat oven to 400. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment