Monday, March 29, 2010

BBQ Shrimp Salad


First, I have to thank my friend Katie who introduced me to a variation of this recipe. Thanks Katie!!

4 oz. Shrimp or Chicken
1/2 cup black beans drained
1/3 cup canned corn drained
1/3 cup red bell pepper (you can use green too or a combination)
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 avocado
1 romaine heart

Dressing
1 tbsp ranch dressing (I use light Hidden Valley)
1 tbsp barbecue sauce (I use light)

Cook shrimp or chicken in a pan. I cook with a dash of olive oil and a few tsp of lemon or lime juice. Chop peppers, onions and avocado. Wash and tear lettuce and layer on plate. Add corn, black beans, avocado, peppers and onions and then top with shrimp or chicken. Mix together ranch and barbecue sauce for dressing. I always serve on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment