Saturday, April 24, 2010

Taco Pizza

I must give credit here. This recipe has been used in my family for as long as can remember but it comes from a restaurant called the Corner. Those of you Columbia Falls folks will definitely remember it. I think I am safe in sharing it since the restaurant has been closed for awhile. It's a family favorite and now my husband loves it too!!


1 can Pillsbury pizza crust (or homemade -- I will post the homemade crust recipe soon)
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning (I use hot)
1 lb ground beef or turkey
3 cups shredded cheese (I use 2% sharp cheddar)

Sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives to top.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spread crust on your pan. Mix together half your taco seasoning and your can of tomato sauce. Spread seasoned sauce evenly over the pizza crust. Top with your shredded cheese. Top with ground turkey or ground beef (already browned and mixed with the other half of the seasoning packet).

Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Once cooked let cool briefly then top with taco toppings as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment