Sunday, May 9, 2010

Taco Bake


Cornbread Crust
1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour (I use half regular and half whole wheat)
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs (I use egg beaters)
1 cup milk (I use light vanilla soy milk)
1/4 cup butter or margarine (I use apple sauce)
Sometimes I also mix in a can of green chilies too

To make the cornbread
In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together then add the milk, applesauce and eggs. Once mixed well you can add the optional green chilies.

Bake cornbread for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can refried beans (I use the fat free ones)

Remove cornbread from oven spread with can of refried beans, top with browned hamburger seasoned with taco seasoning. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove and sprinkled with cheese -- about 1 cup (I use 2% mexican blend). Bake until cheese is melted.

Once your bake is complete top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, olives and any other taco toppings you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment